Insurance claims can take months to resolve. The excess applies in respect of each claim.
Damage Covered is forfeited if the terms and conditions of the rental agreement are breached.
All insurance cover will be made void if any of the following exclusions are breached:
- Insurance does not cover
- submersion in water
- contact with salt water
- creek or river crossings
- driving through flooded areas
- beach driving
- single vehicle accidents
- Personal belongings are not covered. We recommend the renter does not leave valuables in the vehicle and should take out separate personal insurance.
- Breech of Rental Agreement terms. The renter will be responsible for the total cost of any damage. This will include any damage caused by wilful conduct e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle.
- Bogged Vehicles - The renter will be responsible for the cost to retrieve or recover a vehicle, which has become bogged
- Incorrect use of fuel - The renter will be responsible for any associated cost if fuel issued incorrectly (fuel being diesel or petrol) Includes any associated costs related to the incident
- Under body damage or Overhead damage regardless of excess package taken.
- The cost to replace keys which have become lost, or Broken and or retrieval of keys which have been locked in a vehicle.
- Any damage caused by driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The vehicle rented may only be used to legally carry the amount of passengers allowed. If more passengers are carried than allowed Ambrose Car Rental does not accepted any responsibility.
- Drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or a drivers that do not have a current open licence, renter loses bond.
The hirer is responsible for any recovery costs incurred through negligence regardless of the insurance excess. Ambrose Car Hire cannot be held responsible for any breakdowns.